Riding toward Istanbul
Our tour towards European borders brought us to Istanbul, the wonderful city that joins two Continents.
We didn’t have a lot of days for holidays so we studyed a route with more km than usual, very strong and full of emotions.
The road was challenging, it was really hot and,
in spite of the period (end of August, beggining of September),
we found very long queues at the borders.
Greece, Turkey, Bulgaria, Makedonia and Albania.
The trip began where we said goodbay to Greece two years ago
(no one knows when a goodbay lasts forever),
and ended on Durres’ Tower exactly where we celebrated, 4 years ago,
the first stop of our wonderful first trip together
(here are the photos of that adventure)
5 Countries, 4 currency, 2400 km, emotions where you don’t imagine and dreams coming true.
We’ll tell you our road as we drank apple tea in Istanbul: very slowly.
Because we hope with all our hearts that it can last forever.
Here are our stops:
Igoumenitsa – Alexandroupoli (633 km)
Alexandroupoli – Istanbul (302 km)
Istanbul – Plovdiv (411 km)
Plovdiv – Sofia (144 km)
Sofia – Skopje (230 km)
Skopje – Orhid – Durazzo (Durres) (296 km)
If you need help to plan your holiday we can help you here!
- Fai clic per condividere su Facebook (Si apre in una nuova finestra)
- Fai clic qui per condividere su Twitter (Si apre in una nuova finestra)
- Fai clic qui per condividere su Pinterest (Si apre in una nuova finestra)
- Fai clic qui per inviare l'articolo via mail ad un amico (Si apre in una nuova finestra)
- Fai clic qui per stampare (Si apre in una nuova finestra)