Our itinerary through the States
How to make perfect our “imperfect” itinerary in the States
The choice of stops for this kind of trip is really really difficult.
A like is not enough to see everything the States offer to our eyes.
Our itinerary was not perfect, we made some changes along the road, in the end of this post we reveal you what we’ll change if we could go back in time.
We travelled for more or less 4500 km and for 26 days (28 may -22 june 2016).
If you are planning a “pure” on the road 20 days could be enough, including the planes travel.
The moment of the year we chose is PERFECT, except for the 42 degrees in NY and the 53 of the Death Valley, temperatures were really good to travel.
Day 1: from Italy to New York
Day 2-3-4-5: New York
Day 6: transfer NY – San Francisco
Day 7-8: San Francisco
Day 9: car rental and transfer to Mariposa
Day 10: Yosemite – Tioga Pass – Mono Lake – Mammoth Lakes
Day 11: Saline Valley – Red Rock Canyon – Ridgecrest
Day 12: Death Valley – Las Vegas
Day 13: Las Vegas
Day 14: Red Canyon – Cannonville
Day 15: Horseshoe Bend – Monument Valley – Kayenta
Day 16: Grand Canyon – Williams
Day 17: Kingman – Oatman – Amboy – Palm Springs
Day 18: Palm Springs
Day 19: transfer to Los Angeles
Day 20-21-22: Los Angeles
Day 23: transfer to Morro Bay
Day 24: Big Sur – San Francisco – Volo notturno per NY
Day 25-26: departure from NY and arrival in Italy
If we could go back in time we would…
– choose Sequoia instead of Yosemite
– stay in a place before the Bryce Canyon for the night and not in Cannonville, in order to visit the canyon the day after
– study a slower transfer toward Monument Valley in order to visit Antelope Canyon
Our trip was the best ever, we hope we’ll make it again someday…with a little more experience!
Here is a .pdf resume with the itinerary’s map: ITINERARIO STATES
Due Cuori (only for this time without the) Ciccions
- Fai clic per condividere su Facebook (Si apre in una nuova finestra)
- Fai clic qui per condividere su Twitter (Si apre in una nuova finestra)
- Fai clic qui per condividere su Google+ (Si apre in una nuova finestra)
- Fai clic qui per condividere su Pinterest (Si apre in una nuova finestra)
- Fai clic qui per inviare l'articolo via mail ad un amico (Si apre in una nuova finestra)
- Fai clic qui per stampare (Si apre in una nuova finestra)